We are excited about the special guest preachers who will be serving us during our annual Best Sermon Ever series. Pastor Mark will be out of the pulpit taking vacation with his family and getting some extended time to invest in the leaders of our church and their spouses. We hope you’ll be able to stick around between your own vacation plans to hear from Dr. Bryan Chapell, Dr. Jack Graham, Dr. Larry Osborne, Dr. Daniel Wallace, and Tope Koleoso. These are all Bible-preaching, Jesus-loving men who have been a great blessing to the ministry of Mars Hill Church.
Church Family Update from Pastor Mark
We started the Mars Hill Weekly to increase our communication to you. With that in mind, before Pastor Mark enjoys some much needed annual vacation time with his family, he sat down at Mars Hill Bellevue and recorded a video update for you, our church family. Please take a few moments to hear from Pastor Mark about his heart for Mars Hill Church.
**If you are on your mobile device, you may need to view this video on a computer.
Staff Chapel | Pastor Ryan Williams
This week, Staff Chapel was led by Pastor Ryan Williams, lead pastor of Mars Hill Everett. He taught on the Gospels—Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John—on the authors, the audiences, how they are all unique, and how they work together to create a bigger picture of Jesus than any one could do alone. Different pastors will teach the staff throughout the summer during Staff Chapel.
Leadership Sync | Mars Hill Shoreline
Pastor Aaron Gray led Mars Hill Shoreline’s Leadership Sync on Monday night. For him, the best part of the evening was wrapped up in praying over the faithful leaders at his church.
Open-Air Preaching | Pastor David Fairchild
Pastor David Fairchild, lead pastor of Mars Hill West Seattle, took advantage of this beautiful weather in Seattle by doing some open-air preaching on Alki Beach. He said, “It’s amazing to proclaim publicly that Jesus Christ is Lord of creation. So grateful for the response and conversations which follow.”
Best Sermon Ever Starting July 20th/27th
As we mentioned, our Best Sermon Ever series kicked off yesterday at Mars Hill Bellevue and will begin at all of our locations on July 27th. Invite your friends to come and hear Bible teaching from several of our godly friends.
- Dr. Bryan Chapell is the former chancellor of Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri. He now serves as the lead pastor of Grace Presbyterian Church in Peoria, Illinois.
- Dr. Daniel Wallace is a professor of New Testament Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary. He has written or contributed to over 20 books.
- Tope Koleoso is Nigerian-born and has been at Jubilee Church in London for 19 years, 10 as lead pastor. Before moving to London, he showed the Jesus Film and preached the gospel in rural African villages.
- Dr. Jack Graham is lead pastor of Prestonwood Baptist Church, one of the largest churches in the United States. Through his church, he also has a radio program that reaches listeners across the globe in over 78 countries.
- Dr. Larry Osborne joined us for the Best Sermon Ever series last summer. He is lead pastor of North Coast Church in Vista, California, and has helped pioneer the multi-site church movement.
End of Fiscal Year 2014
Thank you for your faithfulness! Fiscal year 2014 ended on June 30th and we are excited to report that we beat budget for the year! Thank you to each person in our Mars Hill family across our 15 locations and our Global Family across the world.
Back-to-School Supplies Drive Starting July 27th
Paul tells the Colossians to “walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time” (4:5). The current time is back-to-school season and we want to use that as an opportunity to love our communities well! So, we’re doing a Back-to-School Drive starting at the end of this month. Please bring any and all school supplies to your church beginning on July 27th to bless a school in your community. You can read more details by clicking on the graphic above.
MedCom Sports Day | Football
The Mars Hill Media & Communications department hosted a Sports Day on Wednesday. Several staff members met after work for some fun, fellowship, and football.
Sponsor a Student for Camp
Time is running out on your opportunity to sponsor a student to go to summer camp. RED Summer Camp is less than two months away for junior high and senior high school. Each year, hundreds of students have the opportunity to hear about Jesus, make new friends, and make some of the best memories of their life. Some of these students come from families that can’t afford the cost of summer camp. We invite you to change a student’s life by sponsoring them to go to junior or senior high camp this summer. Follow this link to find out more.
Check out this video to get an idea of what our students will experience this summer:
Short-Term Mission Trips to Ethiopia
If you are interested in going to Ethiopia with Mars Hill in 2015, we need to hear from you. Fill out this form the receive more information as it becomes available.
Mars Hill Schools | Application Deadline
Mars Hill Schools are launching within a couple short months. If you have an interest in higher education in biblical studies, apply soon! The application deadline for Corban University is August 15. You can go here to find out more and to apply online
Jul 20–July 27: Best Sermon Ever series launch
Aug 4–6: RED Junior High Summer Camp at Great Wolf Lodge (Register here)
Aug 15: Corban University application deadline
Aug 26–29: RED Senior High Summer Camp at Washington Family Ranch (Register here)
Aug 24–Aug 31: Special Sunday
Aug 31–Sept 7: 1 John, Love One Another series launch
Oct 28–29: Resurgence Conference 2014
Sept 11: Vision Breakfast
Dec 24: Christmas Eve!
By Pastor Mark Driscoll
- Bellevue: One of the Kids’ Ministry volunteer leaders has been praying for her grandmother’s salvation and sharing the gospel with her for years. Last week—at 98 years old—she confessed her sin and trusted in Jesus.
- Sammamish: A young man who came to church on Sunday had some religious exposure earlier in his life but expressed that he is not a Christian. He visited a community group and made some connections with the men there. It’s clear that God is calling him and he is searching. He said that he’ll come to community group again this week and that he has a lot of questions about Christianity.
The video communications included in this post are protected by United States and international copyright laws and their use are subject to the following terms and conditions:
a) Permissible Uses of Copyrighted Material. You may view the content for your personal, non-commercial, entertainment, information or other non-public use. You may link directly to this page in its entirety only.
b) Prohibited Uses of Copyrighted Material. All other uses of the content of these videos are prohibited without the consent of Mars Hill Church. Specifically, without limitation, it is strictly prohibited to modify, transmit, distribute, reuse, repost, or “frame” these video communications whether in whole or in part on any non-commercial or commercial blog or website of any kind without written permission from Mars Hill Church.