We’re starting to see the fruits from Easter Sunday as people who became Christians and got baptized on that day at our church are starting to get plugged in to Community Groups and meet other brothers and sisters in Christ this week. What a great joy it is to serve these people! Pray for them as well as other people we’re meeting who don’t know Jesus.
- A woman was baptized on Easter at Mars Hill U-District and shared her testimony with the church this past Sunday. She shared about how God has shown her great love when she felt like she was in a desert and how God has done an incredible work in her life.
- On Easter, a band member at the Ballard church invited an old friend to church. It was the friend’s first time at Mars Hill. He came to his Community Group the following day and got saved.
- A young woman at Mars Hill Shoreline shared her story from last Easter to this Easter. She talked about how she was lonely, depressed, and feeling suicidal a year ago. Last year, she prayed for a church and was led to Mars Hill last Easter Sunday. She entered scared and skeptical, but heard the gospel, gave her life to Jesus and was baptized. Now a year later she told us she has joy, Community Group, and church family as she grows in the grace of Jesus.
- A man at the Rainier Valley church was getting overcharged on some financial payments, and we had one of our members who is a banker help him clarify what was going on. The man said nobody has ever taken the time to really listen to and care for him. He was baptized on Easter and is now a part of the church family.
- Another man at Rainier Valley shared his testimony during Redemption Groups after the “I Am New” sermon. He shared how he’s been a Christian for 30 years but has never felt “good enough” for God because he was struggling with porn and alcoholism for years, even as a Christian. He felt that he couldn’t defeat it and would then hate himself and felt that God hated him as well. Through the Redemption Group, he was able to see that Jesus Christ is his redemption and that it was not his battle, and there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. He realized he was made new in Christ and there’s freedom from the bondage he was in.
- A girl became a Christian at Mars Hill West Seattle last Tuesday night after she came and simply asked some leaders, “How do you know God? Like, how can you actually know him?” Some leaders explained it to her and asked if she wanted to know Jesus and she said yes!
Join with me in thanking God and rejoicing with what he is doing at Mars Hill!