Right across Mars Hill there is a growing movement of young men and women who are all about Jesus. We have Mars Hill Students ministries launched at ten of our churches so far, and this month alone, 26 young people who have responded to the preached gospel with faith in Jesus!
It has been so encouraging talking to many of these young men and women who want to live as ambassadors of Christ, on the mission of God, to reach their friends with the gospel! Here are just a couple of recent things we are celebrating at Mars Hill Students.
- Students from Mars Hill West Seattle kicked off the first message in our Sent series. The next night, they went to Burien to work with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission to serve others with the love of Christ. Found people find people!
- A group of young guys at Mars Hill Sammamish are regularly going in to their local skate park and building gospel-centered relationships with skaters there. These young men are often overlooked and unreached with the good news about Jesus, yet several have started coming along on Wednesday nights and are hearing Christ’s gospel.
- At Mars Hill Rainier Valley, we are seeing a growing number of Muslim students attend our midweek gathering on Tuesday nights and ask questions about Jesus.
Many have been saved, and many are being filled with the same Holy Spirit who raised Christ from the dead to see and live their lives through the lens of God’s mission where they are right now. And by the grace of God, there will be many more to come!
Five ways to be part of a movement
- Pray for the high-school and junior-high students at your local church.
- If you’re a parent, engage your daughter or son with what they are learning midweek and encourage them to live boldly for Jesus among their friends and peers.
- If you’re a parent of a teen who isn’t a part of one of our midweek gatherings, send them along! We would love to meet them, encourage them, and partner with you in equipping them as followers of Christ.
- Serve as a leader to students. All of our student ministries are growing and need more men and women who love Jesus, to serve and empower our younger generation. Get in touch with the Student Ministry lead at your local Mars Hill church—they would love to have a conversation with you about getting involved.
- Consider sponsoring a student in your local church to our upcoming summer camps. This is the most strategic event on the student ministry calendar at Mars Hill, and each year there are many young people who would not be able to go if it weren’t for the generosity of their church family. Details and registration forms will be online in the next couple of weeks.
- Junior High Camp – For students going into grades 6–8, we will be heading to Island Lake campsite near Poulsbo, WA from July 17–20. Early-bird rate is $250.
- High School Camp – For students going into grades 9–12, plus graduating seniors, we are off to Washington Family Ranch in central Oregon, August 27–30. Early bird-rate is $275.
Who should I get in touch with?
See any of the links below for more information on your local Mars Hill Students ministry, or feel free to email me directly.